De streamingoorlog kan niet gekker worden, want ook Snapchat van Snap Inc. is van plan om na Disney & Apple zijn eigen series te brengen in 2019. Gezien het mobiele gebruik dit jaar het gebruik van televisie zal voorbij steken in termen van time spend en het feit dat YouTube o.m. bezig is met zijn eigen content aan te bieden, maken ze deze move.
Zo staan er 10 series op de planken om te worden gedistribueerd via de populaire app onder jongeren:
- Two Sides (New Form): A young couple navigates a breakup in this innovative series told from both characters’ points of view at the same time. Scripted series launches May 2019.
- Commanders (Dakota Pictures): In this comedy, two teenage outcasts discover a mysterious code within a retro computer that can alter real life. When they decide to use this newfound power to disrupt the cliché social structure, their high school will never be the same. Scripted series launches June 2019.
- Untitled Daily BuzzFeed Show – (BuzzFeed) – BuzzFeed’s daily afternoon show brings viewers the latest celebrity, entertainment, and sheer OMG moments blowing up the internet. Launches Spring 2019.
- Sneakerheads – (Indigo Development and Entertainment Arts and EMJAG Productions) – A comedy that follows the misadventures of three college freshmen as they navigate the crazy, shady, mercurial world of Los Angeles sneaker culture. Scripted series launches June 2019.
- While Black – (Indigo Development and Entertainment Arts and Main Event Media) – Author, filmmaker, recording artist, and educator MK Asante explores racially charged social issues through candid conversations. Unscripted social commentary launches Summer 2019.
- Can’t Talk Now (New Form) – A teen soap that takes place inside the phones of a group of high school freshman BFFs as juicy drama unfolds across group texts, video chats, and social media. Scripted series launches Summer 2019.
- Compton Dreams (October Films) – Follow the highs and lows of three up-and-coming artists from Compton as they strive to become the next big name in hip-hop. Docuseries launches Summer 2019.
- Denton’s Death Date (Insurrection Media) – This comedy, set in a world where everyone knows the exact day they are going to die, centers on Denton Little, a high school junior whose death date is only a week away. Denton finally starts living his life to the fullest when a series of strange events unfold that may be the key to avoiding his fate. Based on the novel by Lance Rubin. Scripted series launches September 2019.
- Stranded with Sam and Colby (Bunim/Murray Productions) – A pair of influencers film from a haunted location and what starts as something fun quickly takes a terrifying turn. Docuseries launches Fall 2019.
- Dead of Night (Bazelevs in association with Hooked) – Armed with only her phone, a teenage girl must escape a quarantined city full of zombies. Shot in ScreenLife, exclusively from the point of view of the smartphone screen. Based on a Hooked story. Produced by Bazelevs in association with Hooked. Scripted series launches October 2019.
Sean Mills, Snap senior director of content, is enthousiast tijdens zijn keynote:
“In 2019, mobile will surpass television in time spent for U.S. adults. This transformation is creating massive new opportunities, but realizing this potential is not as simple as repurposing old content for new screens. Mobile storytelling has to be different because the way we use our phones is so different.”
Of de Snapchat-series naar België komen, is nog niet bekend.